Wanted: Student Wellbeing Expert
Join our mission to improve students’ wellbeing!
We’ve grown fast and need your talent to keep our customers and their students happy.
What is Annie Advisor?
We’re a startup, officially founded in October 2020. We’re a small but ambitious five-person team with a passion for human-centered tech.
Our goal is to improve student well-being and prevent dropouts. That’s what drives our work and why this company was started.
Our one and only product is a preventive student support model for schools, which consists of a chatbot for students and a chat management tool for staff. We detect students who need help early, thereby making support interventions more effective.
We’ve grown fast and now have 15 customer schools (universities, secondary schools) and raised significant funding.
We were selected to be part of the EU-funded Impact Edtech accelerator, where less than 7% of 300+ applicants were selected.
Our office is in Helsinki, right next to the main train station.
Who are we looking for?
- You want to have a societal impact and/or you’re personally interested in improving youth well-being and/or preventing dropouts.
- You have a degree in psychology or significant equivalent experience.
- You are a quick thinker and learner. You get stuff done accurately. Helping people is what makes you tick.
- You have a solid understanding of qualitative research principles and/or service design methodology.
- You speak and write fluent Finnish and English.
- You have experience with projects that help youth or student well-being. Bonus points for working on preventing marginalization.
- Experience with customer support or account management is beneficial.
- Fluency in other European languages (e.g. Swedish, Spanish, Italian) are a plus.
- You don’t need to be technical. If you have an interest in learning about technology and believe in its power to help people, you’re a good fit.
- You’ll be using Excel and other standard office tools a lot. Experience with support/ticketing, case tracking or healthcare software is a plus.
- Experience with collaboration tools (e.g. Mentimeter, Miro) or facilitation / workshop frameworks are a plus.
What would you be doing?
- Your main responsibilities are to a) make sure our customers succeed in their student support initiatives and b) research new ways to help them (in collaboration with the product team).
- Run workshops with new customers to plan and design chat flows and student support processes.
- Provide email/phone support to our customer’s student support staff and advise them on how to best use Annie to benefit students.
- You’ll contribute to productization, value proposition, customer journey and marketing initiatives.
- Work with the product team to make sure your knowledge of psychology and customer needs is translated into insights for the product development.
- The role is likely to evolve as you and the company grow.
Why should you care?
A product with impact: Our goal is to decrease the stigma of seeking help and to improve students’ sense of belonging. Our solution helps students who are in trouble for one reason or another. Your work would directly benefit students and their support staff.
Learn and grow: We aim to make our company a place to develop and thrive. We’ll take a lot of time for on-boarding so that you will feel comfortable with your responsibilities. In addition, you’re encouraged to continuously take time to learn new things during working hours, not just utilize skills you already have. We believe making mistakes and experiments is the only way to real progress.
Clever team, uniquely suited to solve this problem: Your colleagues are nice and know their stuff (social psych, education, technology and design backgrounds). Everyone on the team will understand what you do and appreciate your work.
Our LinkedIn (if you want to stalk the profiles of our team members 🙂 ): https://www.linkedin.com/company/annie-advisor
If you’re interested in the position, please send either your CV or your LinkedIn profile and a short, free-form cover letter via email to Miska (Miska Noponen, CEO, email@example.com,
+35840 847 2763). You can also contact Miska if you have questions before you apply.
We’ll stop the recruitment once we find the right person, but will accept applications until at least the 19th of January, 2022.